18 February 2008

UK holidays

Holidays in this country yes I have had a few, following the death of my father in 94, it was a while before I went away again but Mum and I managed various coach holidays. At first I had to have a few weeks Physio to help me so that I could get up the steps of the coach because my Mum couldn't lift me and I didn't want her too, not only would it of been too much for her but I also wanted to be able to do it on my own and I did. Our first coach holiday was with National Holidays to Newquey and I was looking forward too it, Mum was a bit nervous as to whether we would manage on our own but we did.

My family took us down to the High St so that we could pick up the coach at midnight of all times and I managed the steps no problem. I then decided that as the back seats weren't going to be taken I walked to the back and sat on the seats and then because we were travelling for 9 hours yes 9 hours I could lay down. Surprisingly I did manage to sleep quiet a bit and when I woke we were there and yes it was raining. I couldn't wait to get off so waited for everyone to leave the coach and the driver went to ask which one was our room so that he could help us. It turned out that the hotel we were staying at didn't have a lift and they had put us on the first floor and they hadn't got any ground floor rooms, even though it had all been sorted out when we booked. A great start to the holiday and I remember Mum saying to the driver right take us back home we have just done 9 hours so another 9 wont make any difference.

Anyway after soon time and ringing around we were moved to another hotel down the road and it was a really nice hotel also. I had never been to Newquey but we really enjoyed it the weather was good the whole time and we walked a lot in that week and also watch the surfers and then we went to the Sea life centre which I enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment