18 February 2008

Keep on Keeping on by Tim Wambach

Did Mike come into Tim's life or did Tim come into Mike's life? Either way, Mike, the intelligent, wheel-chair bound teenager, and Tim, the athletic, can-do young adult will never be the same!

Now Tim Wambach writes the true-life account of their uncommon friendship, offering stories that will keep you rolling on the floor in laughter, while your heart fills with new understanding and compassion. Through the years, Mike's humour, creativity, and strength through adversity touched Tim's heart, and opened his eyes to what life is like for those with special needs. Now let them share their remarkable journey with you. This truly is an uplifting story with an unbelievable ending.

I couldn’t agree more with the book description, I have just finished reading it and it was one of those books that you can’t put down because you so want to find out more about there life. I don’t have the same type of CP as Mike but I can relate to every ounce of his life, from the people staring and looking to having to rely on others for help, to the lift problems. (You will see what I mean about the lifts once you have read the book). I couldn’t agree more where Mike’s father says “Mikey just doesn’t have CP we all do” meaning we as a family have it as we are living it.

I found the book a great inspiration and insight into the Keep on Keeping on family, the book does exactly what it says on the tin so to speak, it lifts inspires you to want to aim higher in your life and achieve your goals in life by formulating a plan and sticking too it. It doesn’t matter if you are disabled or not this book has some great lessons in how to live life’s journey and I would recommend anymore to go and read this. Just because Mike is disabled it doesn’t mean he cant do what he wants to in his life, he just needs the right support network and I truly believe he has that in Tim and his family, and I personally am so pleased to be able to call them my friends, even though they live in USA, because I can connect so much with there life I feel like I have known them all my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment