18 February 2008

Think I have died and gone to heaven

Well my new electric wheelchair came on Thursday, and all I can say is WOW!!!!! it is just amazing, so comfortable it’s unreal. The Chair has the following :
Padded armrests
Electrically elevating leg rests with pads
Electrical rise seat
Active support backrest (which is so comfortable its like its been moulded to me)
Tilt in Space
Electric recline backrest

It feels like I am travelling in a luxury riser recliner armchair, while I was getting the chair set up I had to test all of the controls to make sure I manage everything. when I tried the seat rise although I am used to going up in my old chair it still felt odd because it was quite a bit higher I remember saying to my colleague do you want me to give the ceiling a paint while I'm up here!!! I think if I had stayed up there too long I think I would have got altitude sickness. Once everything had been sorted and the chair was handed over I went straight out into the town to test it out, it was so nice not to feel the bumps in the pavements as this one has suspension on it, whereas the other one I felt every bump. I rang my Manager and said "I think I have died and gone to heaven, this chair is fantastic and I'm pain free instantly, I zoomed over to the office for her to have a look and she popped her head out of window while I did a 360

No comments:

Post a Comment