18 February 2008

3 days in and all seems ok

Well I am not sure how I feel if I am honest, I am now 3 days without my muscle relaxants and I feel ok don’t feel tight or stiff, so who knows this might be another new beginning for me. Started physio again for my shoulder and we went though a series of exercises which will help strength my muscles and improve my range of movement. I will be interested to see how things go in a couple of days

No spasms
Well it's just over a week now since I stopped my muscle relaxants and so far so good I don’t feel any worse for not having them I don’t have tightness and I can still move around quite easy so I am starting to think that the frame has really been helping to remove my spasticity that was the best thing I ever bought. I am having Physio on Monday so will get checked out and see if I can still stay off them

Time flys
Well it is coming very close to a full year without any spasms which for me is a huge thing and the fact that it will be 1 month on Wednesday without my medication is even better. I was just thinking the other day when I was walking down the long corridor from my office, wow when I first moved into this office and looked at the distance I would have to walk to get to the toilet I thought to myself I'm never going to do it. A few days passed and I got further down the corridor each day to the point that by the end of the week I had made it down one half and managed to get back. Now I can do it in a matter of minutes and it doesn't even cross my mind now I just do it

No comments:

Post a Comment