18 February 2008

Cerebral Palsy or not that is the question

Over the last couple of days something as been puzzling me slightly and sort of running in my head to try and logically think of the answer, although I am not sure there is one. Anyway I thought I would get my thoughts out onto paper so to speak.

When I started to change my walking method I had some amazing results and they are still happening which I'm pleased about, as yet I haven't been able to find a possible reason for it, so maybe I'm the first person this has happened too who knows

Anyway, here's my thoughts on the subject, I was born with Cerebral Palsy and have always been told this and never questioned it till now that is. I am actually starting to wonder whether in fact I have CP or not, or whether or not it has actually been Scoliosis from the beginning just was never picked up on, because my problems where always put down to my CP.

What I'm wondering is if I had had the curve from the beginning and it was not picked up on, the curve could of caused me to have tight muscles in legs because of the awkward position of body whether in sitting or standing. My Scoliosis wasn't picked up on till I was in Adulthood as you will of read earlier in my story, although when I look at photographs of me when I was younger, and from what I know now of Scoliosis I am starting to think that I actually had it much earlier but it was never discovered.

I am wondering whether it would be possible in terms of scoliosis could the curve possibility slow the messages from my brain transferring properly which is why I found it hard to move because for the tightness and needed a walking frame.

Now that I have had my spine surgery and my back is straight and I'm walking with the new frame, the messages are getting down the right path which is why I feel like a completely different person ?

No comments:

Post a Comment