22 July 2008

In a Days Work

A few days ago, I went back to my old high school to be a guest speaker. I spoke about where I came from, and where I am today. It has been 38 years since I walked those halls. And in the process, I was deeply touched. Touched beyond words. Touched because of the person I've become, and touched because of all the strength I have had to keep moving forward. Touched, because I can see the many accomplished I have attained to give to others so freely- Nothing, Nothing my dear friends, is like giving unconditionally to other's and seeing a smile of happiness, joy, and empowerment, on their faces, or the applause they give you in return. Nothing, no money, no competition, no greed, no nothing can give you that kind of warmth, fulfillment, love, devotion, or that inner peace, happiness, and satisfaction you receives when you have given of yourself completely, and from your heart

No comments:

Post a Comment