31 August 2008

My Cerebral Palsy doesn't stop my love of music

I was born with Spastic Cerebral Palsy and weighed in at 3 pounds 6 ounces. I was in a humidicrib from the moment I was born until I was 7 weeks old. Throughout my childhood I have had to face numerous Dr's visits, I've had three operations on my legs not mention many hours of physiotherapy, times in my life of which I hated. I was never told that everything was going to be okay whenever I went in to hospital either which has now left me with a phobia for the rest of my life. I don't trust many people when it comes to having treatment for my condition except for 3 people. These people have helped to feel secure and safe when it comes to having therapy. They make me laugh too which is so cool. I want them to know how much I appreciate their kindness and friendship.

Thanks heaps. Without you I wouldn’t be getting better!!!!!!!!!!

Special thanks must go the team at Canberra City Osteopathy. You Guys ARE BRILLIANT!
Thanks for helping me to get back on my feet and for helping in general in regards to all the aches and pains that I suffer from due to the Cerebral palsy.
THANKYOU!

The reason I have come to love my music is that it has helped to get by in life when nobody has been there to listen. I found that writing songs about the way that I think and feel on the inside has helped me and is still helping to recover from the emotional rollercoaster ride that I have been on ever since I was given life.

A lot people have said to me that I would never make it in the music industry but as far as I am concerned I am there already. Over the years I have gone to many concerts to see many of my favourite artists and bands who have believed in me and are continuing to do so.

One particular family I would like to thank is the Chambers family, the family of KC Chambers ( the dead ringer band). From the moment I met them, they were ever so nice to me and they never put me down cause of my ailment, they just see me for who I am and I thank them for that. They count me as a part of their family. They have supported with my music by giving advice on how to keep improving etc. Because of them I have come along in leaps and bounds and I thank and cherish them for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment