30 March 2008

For the love of Rachel

Recently I have become good friends with David, Susan Rachel and Amy, this friendship came as a result of coming across there webpage on MySpace, Rachel and I have one thing in common and that is cerebral palsy. I chat with David and his family whenever we are able to connect on the computer. Rachel is a true inspiration to all who meet her and although I haven’t met her in person, I feel like I have know her all through her amazing life, you might ask how if I have not come face to face, well I have accomplished this through David’s awe inspiring account of his love for his daughter Rachel, and I have to say the title is so true to say the least, his love and devotion to Rachel just bounces out of the page.
I started reading and I couldn’t put it down, it brought a lot of memories back to me about my own life, how I was born premature, not as small as Rachel, spending time in a incubator and being able to fit in the hand of my Mum or Dad, I know that they were in awe of such a special life that had been created for a reason, and that is to show the way forward, and I believe that David and Susan felt the same way when holding Rachel. I also like Rachel wore dolls clothes as they were they only thing that fit me. At the time families believe that the constant machines will always be part of there life but as you read In the book it isn’t the case for Rachel and it wasn’t for me, we both came forward in the world and worked hard to develop our special lives so that we can fulfil our reasons for being here, and why shouldn’t we.

Then David Susan and Rachel decided that special lives were something that had meaning and the love should be expanded. They went to China and brought there love to Amy and brought her home to a special family where she could be happy and fulfil her life and be special also.

If there is anyone out there who is looking for inspiration and direction in there life then this book is one for you because I believe you will of found it here and if it moves you as much as me then it should move you enough to keep on keeping on.


No comments:

Post a Comment