15 May 2008

Bowen rides again

Well, what a strange day I am having, to say the least. Firstly I have been unable to get into work again due to the lift breaking down again. I was in and out of the taxi like a Yo-Yo yesterday first if was off, then it wasn't then when I got to work it was off again, so ended up going back home and I am at home now as it as broken again today.

Anyway if I was getting stressed yesterday I knew it wouldn't last too long as I had my third session of Bowen yesterday and since having it I have felt many changes and so look forward to the sessions. Yesterday was the first time I had been treated in the chair, this is because I find it difficult to be able to bend my knee in laying and therefore it makes it a challenge for the therapist to carry out the movement he wants too. Being in the chair was a little different but the treatment was just the same, we went back to the same moments that I had had in my first session, purely because I had had such profound changes soon after and we wanted to see if the same would occur again.

Well in answer to your thinking I have had some weird feelings and some funny results, by the fact that I came home after it did what I normally do on a night and jumped in the shower, and I mean jump, because I am finding that my transfers are getting so much easier and quicker. Following my shower, I noticed that when I stood up my trunk didn't seem to be as angled to the left as normal, and I just thought ah it's the way I am standing and so didn't think too much of it, and had an early night, I have to say I slept right through which was great.

Today I am still finding that my trunk is no where near angled to the left as normal, and it feels like my body has shifted some what, it is a funny feeling that I can't really say, only that I have a pulling feeling in my back. I decided to ring the hospital and speak to the therapist, I have a great relationship with all the staff there, and I can ring at anytime time to get advice and treatment. Anyway it seems that with this treatment, people can have a body shift feeling and its quite normal, so my worry was over, it is just my body adjusting to new positions and that's why my back is pulling some what.

No comments:

Post a Comment