19 April 2008

My first experience of Bowen Therapy

Well yesterday was my first ever session of Bowen, I have to say I was a little nervous about it, as I don't know a lot about it, but It was an amazing experience. I had to lay on my front, which I find a little hard to do but I was helped to do this. then once I was comfortable I had a number of towels laid over me, covering my back and legs, then the therapist carried out gentle but subtle movements, starting on my back, and then covered me back up and left me for 2 minutes, came back made sure I was ok, then removed the towels and carried out another movement. This went on for quite awhile, with break in between each movements.

I had quite an instant effect in terms that I was quite warm in a matter of minutes this was quite normal and as a result felt really quite relaxed, I think if it had gone on any longer than the hour I would of probably fell asleep.

I have to say I slept really well last night and this morning I feel really good to the point where I had managed to slice a banana onto my cereal, which normally is something that I haven't been able to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment