18 February 2002

Riding for the Disabled

Once a week instead of having my physio in the unit, a group of us were taken by our Physio to A Riding for the Disabled Centre in the Eston Hills. It was fantastic to work with the horses and best of all it was great physio without us realising it. I had help from my Physio to climb the mounting blocks and then helped to sit on the horse. The first time I did this it took me a while because my hips were tight, but after a while I was able to relax and away I went. To start off I had one of our helpers with me walking alongside me just in case there was a problem.

We would walk around the centre and then once I had my balance with went into a trot. To my surprise I had been chosen to go to a riding event in Richmond and to go forward and receive a medal from Princess Anne, The Princess Royal. As you can imagine I was really excited to be going and nervous at the same time. I borrowed all the riding gear from friends and family and off we went with my whole family off to Richmond, it was a fantastic day and to meet Princess Anne was a first for me, as I had never met any Royalty before.

No comments:

Post a Comment