01 May 2003

Improving day to day

I started Physiotherapy the following week after being home and my Physiotherapist thought I looked really well and couldn't believe how straight I was. After doing my exercises I walked in the bars and then tried walking with a frame. I found the frame a lot easier to walk with in the room than I did at home as there was no carpet.

I go for Physiotherapy on a regular basis and feel like I am getting stronger all the time. I am now walking better with my frame at home as I am getting used to the carpet. I have now been home one month and I am feeling better each day and I have now managed to get in the front seat of the car. Although it is a bit of a struggle, it means that I can go out with mum to the shops etc on short journeys.

My next goal is to be able to sit in the car longer so that I can go for my Physiotherapy instead of having to go by ambulance. I can't believe how much I have managed to do in a short space of time although I think it is down to the support of my family, the medical profession and my sheer determination. I am really pleased that I had the operation and I do not regret it one bit.

25th April 2003 Review Appointment with Consultant I went by ambulance today to the hospital to see a member of my Consultant's team for a review. He was pleased and said that I would need an x-ray so that he could compare them although it could not be done today as it was too close to the last one. I have to go back in 4 months time and then have it. He showed me the previous ones before the operation and that one that was taken straight after the operation, and I could not believe the difference-how straight it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment