01 May 2003

Having Xrays

We discussed this and checked the x-ray and he said that surgery would be the next step. I was shocked at this idea as you can imagine but I went away and thought about it. I went back to see him and explained that I was sliding more and more and we decided that we would go for surgery. He wanted an MRI scan done as it would give a better picture. I had my MRI scan done and then went back to see him in April. I had another full spine x-ray and then we went back to his office. After he had checked the x-ray we both agreed about the surgery and I am now on the waiting list for the operation, I am not sure when it will happen, hopefully it will be soon.

15 Feb 2003 I received my letter for admission. I was relieved it had arrived. The long wait was finally over and I couldn't wait for it to happen. The thought that I would soon be straight, and not having to use my arm to support myself, excited me.

25 February 2003 - I had to attend a Pre Assessment Clinic where they did general tests and then I had to go for new x-rays to check for any changes. After having the x-rays, we had a long discussion with the Consultant about the proposed surgery. I am going to have a Posterior Correction and Spinal Fusion from T10 to L5 and my admission date is 12th March 2003 .

No comments:

Post a Comment