16 November 2008

What Help’s You to Smile and Be Happy?

For the past two weeks, I have been facing many effaceable emotions. They have been as deep, and as painful as I can ever remember. However, I kept reaching out for something that would soothe my soul. Something that was positive, something that was touchable, that could and would bring me physical warmth, and a feeling of safety, and something tangible that would help me have something to recognize, release, and also would help me recharge my battery - It had to be something calming that could make me feel better, within; something that would bring peace to my heart-

It had to be something that would make me feel better quickly! Something that would ease my pain, and something that would bring me hope to remember the good things about me, my life, and what I knew was right on! It had to be like turning on a light switch- something that would immediately help me to recognize my worth, my meaning as a human being, and all that I went through was not in vain.

You see, I was very down and depressed because my thoughts and feelings were not being considered or taken into consideration by immediate family members. And this blew me away as I think of everyone- every one!

I talked with two of my dearest and closet friends, and while it helped, it did not solve or take away all the pain I was facing.

Then a week later, about two days ago, I heard a song that my dear, mama would sing to me as a child. We would sit together as the music and lyrics played. We would weep through the whole song with the truth that these lyrics spoke.

This is just one of many of my simple ingredients that continually makes me smile and feel blessed with my life!

The song was "Smile" and it was written by Charles Chaplin Jr.. In his lyric’s he says…

"smile, through your heart is aching, smile, even though its breaking, when there are clouds in the sky, you’ll get by, if you smile through your fear and sorrow, smile and maybe tomorrow, you’ll see the sun come shining through for you. Light up your face with gladness, hide every trace of sadness, although a tear may be ever so near, that’s the time you must keep on trying, smile what’s the use of crying, you’ll find that life is still worth while if you just smile…"
As I heard these words, my pain and sorrow melted. My reason, faith, and hope returned, and I was back on track being my beautiful, self once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment