01 November 2009

I never know what to put here!

Hello all,
It’s time for an update. Things are going well in the world of Brandon Ryan, recently The Emotional Struggle has been flying off the shelves of a few independant bookstores. The responses from friends and people from amongst the globe have been very inspiring to me.
I’ll share with you, a review that I read a few days ago. It’s from an Athiest friend of mine:
I really enjoyed this book. I read it in one sitting. You can really feel the emotion and hard work was put into this book. After reading this book I knew that you can accomplish anything you set your mind to.I give this book 10 starts out of 10 just for being raw and being truthful. Brandon is an amazing writer I hope to read many more of his books. It was an honor to be able to read this book and see his world through his eyes.
This probably means more to me, than any other review that was written by a Christian. I’ve said this a lot, but I’m not out to convert anyone. It’s not my job, my hope from the very start is to build a bridge between hope and despair. I don’t want to make people heavenly statistics. Of course, I’d love for everyone to know the same love that has changed my life.
But if it’s going to happen, it’s going to be real and true. And I know that Jesus is at work, using his sword to poke around in our hearts. He says that he has not come to bring peace, but a sword. A lot of people use this as a comfort tool, because God’s gonna bring-eth the smack-eth-down-eth. Okay, if that works for you, cool. However I’ve to come to realize from a close friend, that this statement might just carry a deeper truth.
Are lives aren’t comfortable, at least my life isn’t. God doesn’t spoon feed me, but instead he wants for you and me, to have the best life possible. And if that means him poking at areas in my life that I’d rather not deal with, it’s not because he’s angry or that he has steam coming out of his nose. But because he cares. In other words, God wants us to live better stories with our lives.
It’s only going to be a matter of time before I sit down to pound out my next memoir. Everything is falling into place for it. I’m hoping to make it much more personal and honest than my first. I wanna make mae people laugh more and cry harder. It wasn’t my intention with my first book, but it will be with this one!
Please keep helping me plug The Emotional Struggle.
-Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment