01 February 2004

Continued Improvement

My mobility continued to improve slowly and I carried on walking with my wheeled frame, although I have to say that since I started using the frame I had always found it alien. What I mean by that is when you walk with a frame you have to lift or push it forward and then step through, and I have always thought this to be odd. I can remember telling my physio this on a few occasions and although we worked together on improving my walking and balance it still felt odd, but on the other side of the coin I thought oh well at least I’m walking again so it didn’t matter too much.When I went for my treatment I used to love walking in the bars in the gym because that felt more normal, I used to spend time on a wobble board to help improve my balance.

After 4 months I was allowed to go back to work and although I had got used to having my leg straight I had to adapt again once I was back in the workplace getting myself around the office etc it took me a while but I soon got back on track. I soon started to feel stronger and getting about was improving, although I still didn't feel mobile 100% and still found myself using my wheelchair quite a lot both at work and at home. The frame still felt alien to me but I still walked as much as I could.Then in 2006 my life suddenly started to change for the better and as the title of my story says I started to walk on cloud nine and this next part of the story I am going to tell you about the amazing things that have started to happen to me and still happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment