01 April 2006

Turning Point

Saturday morning came the sun was out although a bit cold but not too cold for me to go for a walk so off I went but this time instead of walking down over towards our shops and decided to go the other way as I wanted the challenge of the slight incline at first I set off quick quickly but then I needed to slow so that I didn't tire myself because I had to walk back. I paced myself for the rest of the weekend the same as I had done the week before and by Sunday night I had reached the first road crossing.

After having a rest for few minutes I turned round and started to make my way back, going home was easy because it was downhill all the way first time in my life it felt like I was running a mini marathon and it felt great I sort of felt free I don't think my poor frame could keep up. Think I had worn out the wheels. I got home and usually I would flop into my armchair shattered, but this time I didn't feel as bad. Once I had had a rest I went onto my computer to plot my route to see how far I had got when I had calculated it was about 220 yards, which might not sound that far but it was a good achievement for me considering I had not really walked for about 2 years properly.

It was like having one of those height charts when you where a kid that you hung on the wall to measure how much you had grown, but for me it was to see how far I had walked. I carried on doing this while it was still light on a night and on a weekend I really enjoyed the walk and before I knew it I had managed my first mile and it felt great.

No comments:

Post a Comment