18 February 2007

Caught on camera

I have now been walking with my frame for about 8 weeks and it's as if I have never walked with anything else I love being mobile and health wise I feel good also we have just had Christmas and I had a lovely time because I have my family around me and it's the first time in a long time that I haven't been in hospital and or waiting to go in. I feel that I am back in control at long last; it's as if my body is finally starting to wake back up. A few days before Christmas I rang my Physio, and talked to her at length about how I was feeling and to see if she had a possible explanation as to why I was feeling so good. I went on to explain that it felt like my Cerebral Palsy was slowly easing off kind of disappearing if you like.I know that there isn't a cure as yet for Cerebral Palsy but could it be that it's vastly improved? "I can see where you are coming from it might be that now you are walking in a more normal pattern it has possibly opened up new pathways so the messages are getting through better and the connections being made who knows just enjoy it "

While my family were with me I got them to video me walking on my frame so that I could see what I looked like and I was quite pleased to see how straight I was and how much more comfortable I looked walking: In fact I surprised myself it was a lot different from being in the gym and concentrating while looking in the mirror it was as if I was in the bars again and as you know I love being in the bars.I have always strived to be the best I can be and have dreamed about reaching my potential and I have let nothing stop me no matter what faced me in life I always found a solution and I always will but even more so now because I feel I can and I'm gaining the control back that I need, ok I have never really lost the control, but its not always been total control I mean I have hit rough ground at times and still do to a point now, and have hit many pot holes so to speak but hopeful as I strive for the best future I can. I can and will over come the many difficulties that may come my way.I'm just looking forward to a great new year who knows what 2007 will hold for me but I can't wait!!!!!!

Well as I'm writing today its New Years Eve Mum's 60th birthday so firstly Happy Birthday Mum!!!!! I woke this morning and thought well if the weathers right I'm going to go for a walk but its not nice at the moment maybe might improve later. As I'm writing I'm sat in my wheelchair and I am doing a few exercises with my ankle weights I have not used them for a while but now I feel that I can use them now. I tried them for the first time last night and it felt ok although I didn't use them for long because I thought I might have pain in the morning but I'm fine, so I'm carrying on with them. Yesterday I also achieved something new I managed to put my jumper on but the difference being is I have always sat down when getting dressed, but this time I was able to stand on my own and put it on and best of all I stood unaided to do it thought I would wobble but I was fine

No comments:

Post a Comment