06 December 2008

Life’s rollercoaster’s

What a busy time of year it is for everyone, and I have to say I feel like I have been on one of life’s rollercoaster’s, going up down and doing somersaults. Although there has been pain along the way, the majority of time it’s been great. The last time I wrote I was being investigated by my Consultant for severe pain in my hip, I am please to say all the scans and test came back clear and I am currently receiving inter-differential treatment from my Physio, for Sciatica. We are hoping that after the course of therapy things will settle down, if not I have to go back and see my Spine Consultant to see if the metal is irritating the nerves. I have had one course of treatment and things seem to be ok so I’m hoping that things will have settled by the end.
Over the last couple of weeks I have had to cope with a lot of changes at work, firstly moving offices and then my manager leaving to start a new life in Lanzarotte (and I wish you all the very best if you read this). I like my new office because I am back on the ground floor and I don’t have to worry about getting stuck in the lift, and therefore my stress level is much reduced which is great for me. I also like it because I can get in and out on my own so therefore I am gaining back my independence, and as far as I am concerned I feel like I have the control back and because I have that I can give my full effort in my job with ease, because the environment is much better for me and it isn’t such a battle for me everyday. I know we battle in our everyday life for everything but it is nice that I don’t have to be doing it constantly I kind of got a little respite so to speak, a chance to recharge my depleting batteries.
Mum is doing great with her Physio so much that she is catching me up, and I am so pleased for her, its quite strange now to see us both doing our home exercises together, but I help her and she helps me. So far Mum is really well, so we think that we might have our first Christmas at home, this being the first four years and we can’t wait.
A couple of weeks ago Mum and I went to Middlesbrough shopping with the help of Shop Mobility I have got to say what a great service they provide with volunteers to push people around the shops. If it wasn’t for them we wouldn’t be able to manage. It turned out to be a great day, buying lots of Christmas presents and hitting the sales in Debenhams, mind you I think we both where a bit overwhelmed by the number of people barging shopping, you wouldn’t think there was a credit crunch. We had to wait 10 minutes just to get the lift; I have never seen so many people and queues out the door. I know Mum likes to be in the think of it but even I found it a bit much.
Well this morning we finally woke to see the last of the snow, nice to see it cleared up after the last week we have had, had a few wheel spins! I love being inside watching it but I don’t like it when I have to go out in it

No comments:

Post a Comment