04 December 2008

Focus

The other day, I wrote an article that mentioned some tools that I use personally to maneuver through life. One of the tools I use is to focus. I think about something of interest. Something I want to put my full attention to. Something that I feel real passionate about. And something that brings me much pleasure and joy in doing. Something that is gratifying and constructive and make me feel happy and content within.
Then I do two or three different things. The first of which is to decide what it is I want to take action on. This could be a mental thought, or a physical action. Then, I would make a list if I had to. I would write down all the things I had to do to attain and accomplish this goal. Checking them off as I reach my aim, desired results, or wishes.
Next, I would proceed clearly and carefully. Taking one baby step at a time. Putting one foot in front of the other, until I reach my attainable goal. Gradually and consistently, over a period of time, unchanging my course of thinking; I would keep my faith, and endue with all the endurance I inside myself to muster, to keep on keeping on. I would remain focused. I would visualize myself reaching these intents in my mind.
Third, I would say affirmations. I would believe in myself more than any other human being on this earth. I would believe with all my heart and soul. I would continue to believe no matter how long it took me to attain my hope. Plus, I would not allow anyone to sway me or tell me that I COULD NOT succeed or achieve! I would hold firm to my thoughts, and ground myself by being mindful and steadfast.
Forth, I would be aware. I would be conscious of all things happening in and around me. I would be sensible, alert, antiquated, and heedful. I would also practice being wise and hip, and very attentive to areas that would be beneficial to my growth.
Finally, I would read, learn, do anything I could to educate myself more on my intent and desire, and focus, focus, focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment